Aren’t lentils nice? They’re such an inexpensive and handy supply of protein to purchase in bulk, they usually go so properly in so many various recipes. Today I’ll be sharing one among my favourite recipes that can present you the way to make completely agency lentils in an immediate pot. You’ll in fact be needing your selection of brown or inexperienced lentils. Along with the lentils, you’ll add in some garlic, onion, and both water or vegetable broth. Add a little bit of salt and pepper to style and that’s actually all you want to make a unbelievable lentil meal that gives you with a stable quantity of protein, iron, folate, and disease-fighting polyphenols.
(You might also like: The Best Vegan Instant Pot Lentil Soup Ever)
How to Cook Perfectly Firm Lentils in an Instant Pot
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 half of cups 1x
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced (about 1/three cup)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup brown or inexperienced lentils, rinsed
- 2 cups water or vegetable broth
- salt, black pepper to style
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant Pot and let stand till display reads “HOT”.
- Add the olive oil.
- Add the onion and cook dinner, stirring often, till softened, 2 to three minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook dinner for 30 seconds.
- Press the CANCEL button.
- Add the lentils, pinch of salt, pinch of black pepper and water or broth.
- Stir to mix.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
- Press the PRESSURE COOK button and verify to be sure the stress stage exhibits as “High” on the show.
- Adjust the timer to 10 minutes.
- When completed cooking, launch stress naturally in accordance to producer’s instructions.
- Open the lid.
- Taste and add extra salt and black pepper, if essential.