One of the very best issues about proudly owning an on the spot pot is the seemingly countless mixtures you’ll be able to check out. I really like taking my traditional recipes and altering up the method as a result of more often than not, that alone yields an nearly fully completely different dish. Speaking of various: have you ever ever heard of constructing yogurt with an on the spot pot? It’s really fairly genius for those who ask me. I really like yogurt and we undergo it like water on this home, so it will possibly get slightly dear. Now that I could make my very own, I save a lot and I may even management how a lot sugar goes in it. The solely necessary factor to bear in mind is to just remember to use a Greek yogurt that accommodates dwell and energetic tradition cells so as to reap probably the most advantages from this recipe. Otherwise, get able to be blown away by my on the spot pot vanilla yogurt.
Mindblowing Instant Pot Vanilla Yogurt Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 hours
- Total Time: 10 hours, 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 gallon 1x
1 gallon milk (1%, 2%, or entire)
three tbsp plain Greek yogurt (see Note*)
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pour the milk into the Instant pot.
- Press the YOGURT button on the Instant Pot repeatedly to pick out More mode.
- After 10 seconds, the Instant pot will beep and display screen will learn “BOIL”.
- Close the lid and stroll away.
- After the boil cycle is full, the display screen will learn “YOGT” and the Pot will flip off.
- Remove the lid.
- Stir the milk and verify the temperature utilizing a cooking thermometer.
- The milk should attain a temperature of at the least 180°F.
- Remove the pot insert and permit the milk to chill till it reaches a temperature of 110 to 115 °F.
- Return the pot insert into the Instant Pot.
- Place ½ cup of the milk in a small bowl.
- Add the Greek yogurt and stir to mix.
- Stir the yogurt combination again into the milk combination within the pot.
- Close the lid.
- Press the “Yogurt” button and alter to Normal mode.
- Set the time for 9 to 12 hours (9 for a looser, milder yogurt and 12 for a thicker, tarter yogurt).
- Close with a lid.
- When completed, the Instant Pot will beep and display screen will learn “YOGT”.
- Remove the lid.
- Stir within the vanilla extract.
- Transfer the yogurt to storage containers.
- Cover and chill till chilly, about Four-6 hours, or as much as 5 days.