First rule of cooking any vegetable: don’t overcook it. You need your greens to remain good and crisp by way of cooking, not soggy. That’s simpler mentioned than executed although, and belief me, I’ve gone by way of a number of soggy beans prior to now. One of my favourite methods to arrange inexperienced beans is with the moment pot as a result of it’s nearly unattainable to get fallacious, and I find yourself with completely crisp inexperienced beans each time because of the pressure-cook setting. Once it’s cooked, you simply must sauté it with some butter and garlic and it’s prepared for plating. This is an effective way to spruce up your vegetable dishes with out an excessive amount of problem or preparation time.
(You can also like: 5-Ingredient Garlic Roasted Instant Pot Brussel Sprouts)
The Best Instant Pot Garlic Green Beans
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 7 minutes
- Yield: four 1x
- 1 pound contemporary inexperienced beans, trimmed and snapped in half
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper to style
- Place the steamer basket within the Instant pot.
- Add 1 cup of water.
- Place the inexperienced beans into the basket.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
- Press the PRESSURE COOK button and examine to verify the strain stage reveals as “High” on the show.
- Adjust the timer to zero minute.
- When completed cooking, fast launch the strain.
- Carefully take away the steamer basket and inexperienced beans from the pot.
- Discard the water.
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant Pot and let stand till display screen reads “HOT”.
- Add the butter and stir till melted.
- Add the garlic and cook dinner for 30 seconds.
- Add the inexperienced beans and toss to coat.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Press the CANCEL button.
- Season to style with salt and black pepper and serve.